EMV is coming! What you need to know...Action will be RequiredCredit Union of Denver is preparing for our unveiling of the new EMV Cards that will be coming to a mail box near you! We will be rolling out Platinum, Secured and HELOC cards in the month of August, that will be protected by EMV technology. It is the latest in protection against credit card fraud. Debit cards will follow toward the last quarter of 2015. Click here to learn what you will need to be aware of.
Auto ReFi - Roll your auto loan over...Roll your current auto loan or motorcycle loan over to Credit Union of Denver and receive $200 cash, a reduction of at least 2 percent off your current interest rate plus get the option to take a 60 day payment vacation. What could you do with two months of payments in your pocket? To get started today, CALL 303-202-5659 / 800-279-3288 or COME IN to the main branch at 9305 W. Alameda Ave. in Lakewood or go to our ONLINE application Click to apply.
APR (Annual Percentage Rate). APR (Annual Percentage Rate). With approved credit, at least 2% off current auto or motorcycle loan rate from outside C.U.D. Floor rate of 2.87% APR on autos and 3.24% APR on motorcycles applies. Terms up to 72 months. 2% rate discount and $200 valid for loans over $7,500. 2 months no payment is equal to 60 days no payment from date of loan closing. Offer expires 08/31/15.
Auto Aves July & August Summer Special!
Limited Time Offer!
Thinking about finding a new or used auto?
For July and August only, you will receive ½% OFF your approved loan rate & $250 CASH!
When you finance your next car or truck with CUD and purchase new or used through Auto Aves!
Auto Aves has been one of our trusted partners since 1987 and are rated #1 by consumers through DealerRater.com. They provide unbiased consultation and are not paid on commission so their focus is on YOU.
If you haven’t been by in a while, check out their new showroom at their Aurora Branch or stop by their Lakewood location and speak to our dedicated Credit Union of Denver consultant, Cheryl and her assistant Jill. They really take good care of our members. They won’t let you fall in love with the shiny red car that might break your budget. Know what money you have to spend before your shop! Cheryl and her team can assist you to find your next vehicle that is budget friendly and smart like you.
• Know what you want, or not – test drive all your needs in one place at one time!
• New or Used – compare side by side and price by price!
• Foreign or Domestic
• 4x4 - compact – truck – luxury
They will help you make the right decision for your lifestyle. It’s nice to have an expert in your corner, don’t you think? We always recommend that you apply online to get pre-approved for your next auto loan. But if time is a concern, Auto Aves can submit your application and process your loan while you wait.
Pay the new way with Apple Pay™!Credit Union of Denver has integrated with Apple Pay to provide a new way to pay for our members. A new category of service that will transform mobile payments with an easy, secure and private way to pay. Apple Pay combines Apple’s seamlessly integrated hardware, software and services to create a unique, incredibly intuitive and elegant experience. This combination keeps payment information protected, so when adding a card with Apple Pay, the actual credit and debit card numbers are not stored on the device, nor on Apple servers, and cashiers won’t see names, credit card numbers or card security codes. Apple Pay is easy to set up and users will continue to receive all of the rewards and benefits offered by their Credit Union of Denver credit and debit MasterCard's®.
In participating stores, Apple Pay will work with iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch, upon availability. Within apps, Apple Pay is compatible with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
More Points with Travel Expenses this summer!Whether you're traveling to a family reunion or taking a vacation on the beach, simply use your Credit Union of Denver (C•U•D) MasterCard® Credit Card and earn up to 5X* Points through the CURewards Mall!
Credit Union of Denver is giving an additional point making our offering 2 points to every $1 charged. Maximize point opportunities by shopping in CURewards Mall with Montrose Travel and other travel retailers. Your trip, if planned through Montrose Travel in the CURewards Mall, will earn an additional 3X Points! That’s 5X Points with your C•U•D MasterCard Credit Card!
It pays to shop the CURewards Mall. You travel - You earn - Enjoy! It's that easy!
Qualifying Merchant charges posted on your MasterCard Credit Card June 1st through August 31st will receive the extra points. Some travel categories in the Mall may qualify for even more than 5X Points!
(See individual companies in the Mall for their details.)
Here are some of the Merchant categories that qualify for the promotion:
Airlines, Hotel/Motels, Travel Agencies, Montrose Travel Agency, Car-Boat-Boat House rentals, Cruises, Railroads, Amusement Parks, Tourist Attractions & Exhibits, Aquariums, possibly other resorts and Vacation Excursions.
Visit www.curewards.com today. Happy Trails!
More Credit Union Rewards...Take advantage of exclusive discounts and benefits on products and services you use every day! Earn cash back when you shop at over 1,500 retailers with "Love to Shop". Save on services for your home like ADT, DIRECTTV, Allied, and more. Need Insurance? Tru Stage Insurance is offered at group rates: Auto, Home, Life, Accidental Death or Dismemberment, etc. As a Credit Union of Denver member you can save on most new Chevy, Buick, or GMC vehicles. Also, check out the Credit Union Auto Club and remember that Sprint offers 10% off on select regularly priced service to individuals while businesses can save 15% on select regularly priced Sprint service. Best of all waived activation and upgrade fees (up to $36 savings for each)
Don't miss out on all the rewards...Click image to the right for full details.
Mobile Deposit - Stop • Snap • Deposit!Mobile Banking lets you securely view and monitor your accounts from your internet-enabled smart phone. Plus it comes with Deposit Capture! Now simply take a photo of your deposit check and it will hit your account within 24-48 hours. No need to run around town, just use our mobile banking app! It allows you to receive account information via text messaging, or find a CU Service Branch or surcharge free ATM near you. State-of-the-art security technology is used to keep your personal information safe so you can have unlimited convenience, and best of all - it's FREE! For details click here. (Please note: To access Mobile Banking, you must be signed up for cudonline)
One Important Note: When you make a Mobile Deposit, the pending transaction does not show up in your pending list on online banking. The only place you will be able to view the pending transaction is on your smartphone, under the Mobile Deposit icon, deposit history. Once it has been reviewed and posted, then it will show up on online banking like all your other deposits.
Shopping for an updated vehicle? Save more now!Through Credit Union of Denver’s partnership with Auto Aves, we are currently running a special for May and June of 2015. In addition to the .50% off your approved annual percentage rate, you can save at least $100 and earn bonus points! Now is a great time to get that new vehicle you’ve been wanting., and we can help you find just the right one through our auto shopping website – smartercarshopping.com. This site was designed to provide our members with a stress free and hassle free car buying experience. Automotive Avenues, our partner since 1987, provides the same personal service that you expect of the credit union. Plus, they don’t have high-pressure, commissioned salespeople, there is no dealer fees and they provide better pricing on both new and used vehicle. Check out smartercarshopping.com for financing tips, view available inventory, and special offers. And before you shop don’t forget to get pre-approved for your auto loan at Credit Union of Denver to save time and the heartache of picking out a car your budget just can’t handle. Click to apply.
Tips to manage the Cyber Security Incident at OPM.™!Credit Union of Denver has been informed about a cyber security incident at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) systems and data that may have exposed the personal information of current and former Federal employees. Beginning June 8 and continuing through June 19, 2015, OPM will be sending email and U.S. mail notifications to current and former Federal employees potentially impacted by the incident. Email notices will be sent from email@example.com. Standard letters will be sent to individuals for whom OPM does not have an email address. The communication will contain information regarding services being provided at no cost to individuals impacted by the incident, including credit report access, credit monitoring, identity theft insurance, and recovery services. Additional information will be made available beginning at 8 a.m. CST on June 8, 2015 at www.csid.com/opm.
In the meantime, please refer to the below resources.
Steps for Monitoring Your Identity and Financial Information
• Monitor financial account statements and immediately report any suspicious or unusual activity to financial institutions.
• Request a free credit report at http://www.AnnualCreditReport.com or by calling 1-877-322-8228. Consumers are entitled by law to one free credit report per year from each of the three major credit bureaus —Equifax®, Experian®, and TransUnion® —for a total of three reports every year. Contact information for the credit bureaus can be found on the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) website at www.ftc.gov.
• Review resources provided on the FTC identity theft website at www.Identitytheft.gov. The FTC maintains a variety of consumer publications providing comprehensive information on computer intrusions and identity theft.
• You may place a fraud alert on your credit file to let creditors know to contact you before opening a new account in your name. Simply call TransUnion® at 1-800-680-7289 to place this alert. TransUnion® will then notify the other two credit bureaus on your behalf.
Precautions to Help You Avoid Becoming a Victim
• Be suspicious of unsolicited phone calls, visits, or email messages from individuals asking about you, your employees, your colleagues, or any other internal information. If an unknown individual claims to be from a legitimate organization, try to verify his or her identity directly with the company.
• Do not provide personal information or information about your organization, including its structure or networks, unless you are certain of a person’s authority to have the information.
• Do not reveal personal or financial information in email, and do not respond to email solicitations for this information. This includes following links sent in an email.
• Do not send sensitive information over the internet before checking a website’s security (for more information, see Protecting Your Privacy, www.us-cert.gov/ncas/tips/ST04-013).
• Pay attention to the URL of a website. Malicious websites may look identical to a legitimate site, but the URL may use a variation in spelling or a different domain (e.g., .com vs. .net).
• If you are unsure whether an email request is legitimate, try to verify it by contacting the company directly. Do not use contact information provided on a website connected to the request; instead, check previous statements for contact information. Information about known phishing attacks is also available online from groups such as the Anti-Phishing Working Group (www.antiphishing.org).
• Install and maintain anti-virus software, firewalls, and email filters to reduce some of this traffic (for more information, see Understanding Firewalls, www.us-cert.gov/ncas/tips/ST04-004; Understanding Anti-Virus Software, www.us-cert.gov/ncas/tips/ST04-005; and Reducing Spam, www.us-cert.gov/ncas/tips/ST04-007).
• Take advantage of any anti-phishing features offered by your email client and web browser.
• Employees should take steps to monitor their PII and report any suspected instances of identity theft to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov.
• Additional information about preventative steps can be found by consulting the Federal Trade Commission’s website at www.consumer.gov/idtheft. The FTC also encourages those who discover that their information has been misused to file a complaint with the Commission using this contact information: Identity Theft Clearinghouse Federal Trade Commission 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20580 www.consumer.gov/idtheft .
Credit Union of Denver has also put together a couple of documents to assist you with any general questions around Identity Theft.
Click here to learn more about it and what you can do to fight back.
Click here for information on how to protect yourself from ID Theft.