Credit Union of Denver believes in the power of people helping people, and we appreciate the dedication that Children’s Hospital Colorado has for helping others.
Each year we do a charitable "Change for Change" campaign to raise money for our local Children's Hospital.
We have committed to match the first $2,000 donated & for each donation of $2 or more you will be entered into a random drawing to win a 4' teddy bear!
Childrens Hospital Colorado's Impact in the Community
Children’s Hospital Colorado provides care to more than 300,000 kids every year. For the last 5 years Children’s Hospital Colorado has ranked in the top 10 pediatric hospitals in the country, according to U.S. News & World Report (the global authority in hospital rankings and consumer advice). In 2022, they were ranked in all 10 specialties with five in the top 20. For two specialties, Gastroenterology/Gastrointestinal Surgery and Diabetes/Endocrinology, Children’s Hospital Colorado were ranked in the top 5.
At Credit Union of Denver, we have a personal connection to Children’s Hospital, many members of our team and their families have received outstanding care there.
"I am so grateful to Children’s hospital. They not only saved my daughter’s life but have taught her how to live with her chronic illness with grace and courage. They encouraged her (and me) to ask questions and made a frightening experience so much better with their teams of dedicated physicians, nurses, CNAs and child life specialists. I will be forever grateful to this wonderful place!" - Ellen D.
"My brother spent his childhood in and out of Children’s Hospital. It was there that he was treated for his Muscular Dystrophy and an unknown rare form of Charcot Marie Tooth Disorder. They cared for him and provided whatever he needed to help with his day-to-day struggles. They are attentive, caring, and compassionate. Children’s’ always went above and beyond to find out what was wrong with my brother." - Samantha M.
"Children’s hospital cared for my son for 13 days when his appendix burst at 2 years old. He was in serious condition and had to have emergency surgery. During our stay at the hospital, the staff was great and provided lots of toys to keep him entertained. Eventually we began going on small walks through the halls until he recovered and was cleared to go home. I am so glad that Children’s Hospital was there for us during this trying time."
When you donate, you support:
- Family-centered services
- Groundbreaking research
- Regional clinics and care
- Patients and families in financial need
What Your Donations Help Fund:
- Rehabilitative equipment, which help children re-learn movements after a serious trauma or illness, costs $500.
- One electroanalgesic transcutaneous nerve stimulator, which can help mediate pain in children suffering from chronic conditions or post-surgical rehabilitation, costs $700.
- One pediatric wheelchair, specially made in many for kids of all sizes and abilities, costs $1,700.
- An MRI of the brain and brainstem to find tumors and other abnormalities costs $17,000.
- One week’s worth of critically-needed blood supply if purchased from a community blood bank costs over $50,000.
- One child’s cancer treatment costs $75,000 on average.
Can we gather enough "change" to make a big difference in the lives of the kids at Children's? Every single penny helps! We will be accepting donations through April 30th, 2024.
Together, we can change a child’s life.