Teller – Alameda
Title: Teller – Alameda (full time)
Reports to: Alameda Branch Manager
Receive members personally and assist them with deposits, loan payments, withdrawals, allotments and direct deposits. Dispense and collect funds, respond to member questions and resolve problems. Balance cash drawer. Ensure proper controls are maintained to protect and safeguard cash drawer.
1. Process deposits, loan payments, withdrawals, transfers and mail transactions.
2. Process authorized Shared Branching transactions.
3. Log and process night drop deposits (if applicable.)
4. Sell/process money orders, Official Checks, redeem savings bonds, gift checks and MasterCard/Visa advances. Create temporary checks for Alameda, Federal Center, and Tivoli upon request.
5. Balance assigned cash drawer daily.
6. Open/close Money Market, Holiday Club and Special Share accounts.
7. Complete internal payroll requests and direct deposit forms.
8. Ensure quality check images on C21.
9. Obtain monthly goals per teller accountability standards.
10. Responsible for compliance with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA), the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Anti-Money Laundering Act, including monitoring for any illegal activity as it applies to this position.
1. Balance branch totals.
2. Count and monitor member coin deposits for accuracy through coin counter.
3. Prepare and weigh coin bags for shipment to ensure bags are being filled accurately.
4. Work rotating Saturday’s at the Alameda Branch.
5. Inform supervisor of problems (equipment, staffing, personnel, etc.)
6. Other duties as assigned.
Education: A high school education or equivalent.
Work Experience: One month to twelve months of similar or related experience. Previous credit union or financial experience desirable. Experience with on-line data processing system preferred.
Knowledge: Basic knowledge of Credit Union products and services in order to assist members. Knowledge of office equipment required.
Skills and mental abilities: (with or without accommodation) Good oral communication skills. Legible handwriting. Tact and diplomacy, able to maintain confidentiality and analytical ability required. Possess initiative to resolve problems with good judgment.
Material and equipment used: PC, telephone/voice mail system, typewriter, fax machine, 10-key calculator, check endorser/filmer, check signer, micro fiche, money order dispenser, POS machine, check encoder, currency counter, copier, printers, cash dispensers and C21 check scanners.
Work environment: Office environment | teller line.
Physical activity and abilities: (with or without accommodation) Requires manual coordination and vision to operate PC, typewriter and calculator. Hearing necessary to receive and reply to member inquiries. Ability to speak clearly in order to communicate with members and employees in person and on the telephone. Position requires standing for long periods of time. Some bending, stooping, reaching and lifting (up to 50 pounds) is required. Ability to frequently move to various locations within the building.
Credit Union of Denver is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled