A special note from President/CEO Keith Cowling
Tivoli Branch to Re-Open August 3, 2020
We are happy to announce that our Tivoli Branch will be re-opening on Monday, August 3rd. The branch will be open for all services with normal business hours. The health and well-being of our members and employees remains our top concern. So when you visit, things will be a bit different.
As per the Executive Order issued on July 16, all people wishing to enter the building will need to wear face masks. The Tivoli Student Union is governed by Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC). They are restricting the number of people allowed in the building at one time. They will be allowing entry through one entrance located on the southeast side of the building by Starbucks. See this map for details. You will be greeted by a representative of AHEC or their security team. You will need to show an ID, and state you plan to visit the Credit Union. Once inside, when you arrive at Credit Union of Denver, you will notice new floor decals that mark the appropriate 6 feet apart for social distancing. When you conduct your personal business, you will be asked for your government issued photo ID and you may be asked to lower your mask temporarily if we cannot identify you with it on. If you feel you cannot remove your mask temporarily, you may use the ATM as an alternative to conduct your business.
Additional safety precautions include:
- Credit Union of Denver staff will be wearing face masks.
- We will continue to observe social distancing measures with clear markings to guide you.
- We have installed clear acrylic shields for safe interactions between members and employees.
- Regular cleaning of high touch-point areas will continue throughout the day.
- We still encourage the continued use of our Call Center, drive-up, online/mobile banking and no-fee CO-OP ATMs that provide the best social distancing.
Thank you for your patience while we adjust to the COVID-19 environment on the Auraria Campus. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we seek the best way to serve you while keeping our members and employees safe.
Keith M. Cowling