ALERT!If you are a Federal Employee affected by the current Government Shutdown, we may be able to help you. Please give us a call at: 303.239.1150 | 800.279.3288
What can I do to protect my phone or mobile device and keep my information safe?
- Treat your smart phone like a computer and protect it with anti-virus software.
- Use the Keypad lock or phone lock function of your mobile device when not in use.
- Delete text messages, e-mails, and other sensitive information before loaning out or selling your mobile device.
- Avoid storing passwords or other sensitive information on your mobile device where it could be discovered if your device is lost or stolen.
- Never disclose via text message, phone call or e-mail your personal or financial information,
- Account numbers
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Be cautious when using public hotspots.
- Consider your WiFi and Bluetooth connection settings (even at a trusted retailer), fraudsters can spoof the name of reputable hotspots.
- Download the most recent versions of apps and keep them updated.
- Sign off when you are finished using the Credit Union of Denver app rather than just closing it.
Couldn't find what you're looking for?