Credit Union of Denver has an outstanding MasterCard® program that includes Debit, Credit, Secured and HELOC cards. We continue to adopt new ways to minimize the impact of card and account fraud for our members. Card Alerts is a great way to monitor your accounts without having to login!
What is Card Alerts?
It’s a service for all C·U·D cardholders that will notify you via email and/or text message1 of certain types of account activities that you decide on and control. Set up Card Alerts for any or all of the following reasons:
- Purchases over an amount of your choosing
- Online purchases – card is not present at time of purchase
- International transactions – email alerts only when traveling
- Declined purchases
Why Card Alerts Are Important
Setting up alerts will be helpful when determining if one of your cards has become compromised. Once you have identified the possibility of an unauthorized transaction, you can give us a call and we can determine the best plan of action for your situation at 303.963.1340 | 800.279.3288.
Additionally, Card Alerts can also be an excellent coaching tool when you have teenagers using a Checking Account Debit Card.
Registration is Easy
Register your Debit Card
Register your Platinum or Secured Credit Card and HELOC Card
- Enter your card number
- Review and accept the Terms and Conditions
- Answer Security Questions of expiration date and zip code
- Choose a Nickname to help differentiate between notifications from multiple cards
- Choose a Default Destination to receive your notification – email or text message
Once registered, you can add or update your alert preferences at any time.
- Click on Add New Alert
- Select an Alert – for maximum security, please select each of the 4 available alerts
If fraudulent transactions are detected, please report the activity to the following phone numbers:
- Debit – 1.888.918.7746
- Credit & HELOC – 1.866.820.5890
FAQs About C·U·D Card Alerts
If you elect to receive email consumer-selected alerts, there is no cost to you. If you elect to receive SMS consumer selected alerts, we don’t charge a fee, but alerts will be sent to your mobile phone via text message and standard text message and data rates assessed by your mobile carrier may apply. Please check with your mobile carrier to ensure that you own an SMS-capable mobile device that is registered on a carrier network and elected for a data plan that includes use of SMS capabilities.
As an alternative to text, you may opt to receive card alerts via email. Email will be sent to the email address we have on file.
For credit and/or debit card alerts, you can register your card(s) through the link above on this page or through the “My MasterCard” link.
- Click ‘Register/Manage or Return’
- Enter the requested information
- Select any alerts you would like to receive
- Click submit
- You will receive a text message to complete your registration and you must reply yes.
Typically, responses arrive within two minutes, but timing may vary. You may experience delays or failures in delivery of an alert because of any of the following circumstances:
- merchant delay in processing a transaction;
- delays and/or failures attributable to network operators and telecommunications providers;
- if your mobile device is off or out of operating range of a carrier with an appropriate signal for SMS and/or data services;
- a variety of other wireless service and coverage conditions;
- active or passive filtering of e-mail messages; and
- insufficient space in the email account that is to receive email messages.
Your mobile phone may be blocked from receiving third-party text messages. Check with your carrier and ask them to remove the block from your phone.
No. Text message alerts can only be sent via U.S. carriers and will only be receivable in the U.S. If you live or travel outside of the U.S., you will need to specify an email address to begin receiving alerts to that email address.
Yes. If you are an authorized user, you can enroll as many mobile numbers and email addresses for an account as you wish. You may create a unique 10-character alphanumeric registration nickname per registration to assist you in identifying the card for which the alert is triggered.
In most cases, your existing alert settings will be transferred to your new card number. Please review your settings online to ensure that you continue receiving text messages or emails. Watch out for potentially fraudulent activity.
Text messages are unique in that they can only hold 160 characters. Some commands require multiple messages to return all of the necessary information.
Yes. Our first priority is to protect your personal information. If you ever receive a text message asking for your member number, account numbers or other personal information, DO NOT RESPOND!
In order to receive alerts to your new phone number or through email, you will need to re-register your card with the new mobile number or email by changing them within your saved registration.
Yes. You will need to create 2 distinct registrations, one for each destination.
Click ‘Register or Return’. Enter the requested information. Review the alerts selected. If changes are needed, proceed with what you’d like to change. Click ‘Submit’. If no changes, Click ‘Home’ or exit browser.
If you need additional assistance, please contact us at 303.963.1340 | 800.279.3288 or through our secure mail.