All of our secure credit cards are equipped with fraud protection EMV Chip Technology. This technology is being adopted all around the world to help reduce or eliminate fraud on credit card accounts. Your privacy and security is top priority, so you can feel confident when using any of our cards.
Our Platinum MasterCard® has extra features to help keep your account secure. They come with Member Card Alerts. These notify cardholders of certain types of account activities. You can elect to have alerts sent to you via email and/or text messaging (keep in mind your phone plan to know if there are extra charges involved) for any or all of the following reasons:
- Purchases over an amount of your choosing
- Online purchases – Card is not present at time of purchase
- International transactions – (email alerts only when traveling)
- Declined purchases
Bonus: Setting up alerts is a great way to monitor your accounts without having to login! Learn more Alert details, how to get signed up and view the FAQ’s.
Credit Union of Denver Platinum MasterCard® with Chip Technology
Platinum Credit Card 9.24% – 16.24% VAPR*
We believe in providing convenient access to funds that will assist you in living your life to the fullest. While that may be a bold statement, it all about convenience and saving money and you’ll have both with our great Platinum Rewards MasterCard®. And not only do you get one of the best rates in town, but you’ll also receive all of the following benefits:
- $0 Annual Fee
- $0 Cash Advance Fee
- $0 Balance Transfer Fee
- Only 1% Foreign Transaction Fee
- Fraud Protection & Zero Liability Assurance
- Free Travel and Lost Baggage Insurance
- Free MasterCard Secure Code – protection against unauthorized users with online shopping
- Earn CURewardTM points – You receive one point for every dollar you spend using your C.U.D credit card, redeemable for Free travel (with as little as 15,000 points), merchandise or gift card rewards and so much more!
- Design Your Own Card, DYOC. Take your cherished memories with you wherever you go! To upload your picture for your credit card, go the Member Connect at the top of the home page, click on My MasterCard and sign into your account. Then click on the Your Own Card button in the upper right corner and follow the instructions. Only $9.95 per card.
- If you use your card over 50 times during the year, you will receive an end of year Annual Summary of your activity. It will list different subjects for you to take into account where you did your spending and apply that knowledge to help tax prep needs, record keeping or help identify any budgeting adjustments you may want to make. These are mailed or may be available in your eStatements at the beginning of each year, if you qualify.
Secured MasterCard 16.24% VAPR*
Sometimes life throws a curve ball and we don’t always hit it out of the park! And sometimes, we have just entered the park and need to know how to get started! We have a great secured credit card that will help establish or re-build your credit! The Secured MasterCard looks like and works like a regular credit card, but your credit limit is determined by the amount of money you deposit and is held in a savings account that earns interest! Don’t have the extra funds to start your secure card account? We have solutions to get you started. And unlike most other secured types of credit on the market, your Credit Union of Denver secured card gives you a low interest rate with no annual fee plus you earn CURewards points towards travel, merchandise and gift cards!
*Variable Annual Percentage Rate
To report a Lost or Stolen credit card, please call: 866.820.5890
Credit Card Agreement has all the fine print details on the MasterCard Platinum Variable Rate & the MasterCard Secured Card account.
Experience Smart Banking – Call 303.239.1150 or 800.279.3288 today
CURewardsTM Mall – The fastest way to earn more points and rewards!
Our affiliation with CURewards allows you to earn 1 point for every $1 spent with your Credit Union of Denver MasterCard Platinum or Secured MasterCard! Now you can earn even more with over 25,000 select merchants. Simply shop in-store or online at participating retailers and get bonus rewards points and special offers.
- Shop – Visit CURewards.com to access CURewards Mall and find your favorite participating online or in-store retailers.
- Earn – Every time you use your Credit Union of Denver credit card, and when you shop at a CURewards Mall merchant, you earn extra points.
- Redeem – Your Mall points will automatically combine with your CURewards points for even bigger rewards. Redeem them for gift cards to your favorite store, electronics and other merchandise, travel, and more.
Start earning more points and rewards today!
To learn more about CURewards Mall please review our FAQs.
MasterCard Platinum Variable Rate & Cash advances are subject to a Variable Rate which is based on the highest Prime Rate as published in the Money Rates section of The Wall Street Journal in effect on the last day of May and November of each year (“Index”) plus 3.99% to 10.99% Margin depending on credit worthiness. The index plus the Margin equals the Interest Rate. Changes in the Index will cause changes in the Interest rate on the 1st day of the billing cycle in January and July of each year. Increases or decreases in the Interest Rate will cause like increases or decreases in the Finance Charge and will affect the number of your regularly scheduled payments. Your Interest Rate will never be greater than 20.99% and will apply to your remaining principal balance. As of July 1, 2018, the current Daily Periodic Rate for our lowest rate will be 0.025315 (with the corresponding Annual Percentage Rate 9.24% to 16.24%).
Design Your Own Card fee of $9.95 is charged for each customized design. Please note that your card’s expiration date will change with each card re-issue. The change will effect any automatic payments set up with your credit card account. It is your responsibility to notify merchants of expiration change to credit card.
Important Notice to our members concerning credit card surcharges
Beginning January 27, 2013, Visa and MasterCard will allow merchants to pass along their payment processing costs to consumers who pay with a credit card. This would mean that a merchant who chooses to exercise this new right could impose a surcharge, sometimes referred to as a “checkout fee,” that could increase your credit card purchase amount by as much as 4% (maximum allowed).
Under the settlement:
The surcharge cannot exceed the amount that the merchant actually pays to accept credit cards—normally between 1.5% and 3% of the transaction amount. Surcharges can be imposed on credit card transactions only, not on purchases made with debit cards or prepaid cards.
Merchants must disclose the credit card surcharge clearly—at the store entrance and the point of sale or on the homepage if the merchant does business on the Internet. The disclosure must include the amount of the surcharge, the fact that the fee is being charged by the merchant, and that the fee does not exceed the merchant’s cost to accept credit cards. The dollar amount of the surcharge must appear on the transaction receipt. Merchants are not allowed to impose a credit card surcharge in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma or Texas, where such fees are prohibited under state law.
Experience Smart Banking – Call 303.239.1150 or 800.279.3288 today
CUDeals – Merchant Rewards you select based on your shopping preferences.
We have sweetened the pot by adding CUDeals to all of our Checking Account Choices, as well as our credit card(s) associated with an eligible checking account.
This is a merchant cashback reward program that you select and activate within online or mobile banking, which puts even more money into your checking account. You’ll receive cashback rewards from merchant offers you select when you use our CUD debit or credit MasterCard®. These offers are tailored to you based on relevance of your purchase history. When you make a qualifying purchase, for an offer you selected, the reward amount will automatically be awarded and deposited into your checking account in the next account settlement (which is typically the following month).
This is better than free! No matter which way you look at it, you win!
Check out more information on CUDeals.