As we enter 2024, the world of interior design continues to evolve. New interior design trends emerge every year as factors like sustainability, affordability, and innovation drive what’s hot in the interior design world. A lot of homeowners are emerging from the last couple of trying years with renewed vigor for creating lively homes full of color, pattern, texture, and optimism. We’ve gathered some current and predicted home design and remodeling trends that homeowners and pros are excited about for the coming year. See if any inspire a change to use in your home.
- Statement rugs boasting dynamic shapes and vibrant patterns.
- Choose between vivid, intense colors or neutral tones with captivating textures.
- Ensure your rug harmonizes seamlessly with your existing furniture, culminating in a cohesive and aesthetically pleasing ambiance.
Historic Chroma Homes
- Blend modern and antique elements for a unique and eclectic aesthetic.
- Incorporate vintage pieces, accessories, or wallpapers to achieve this design.
- Velvet, floral prints, tartan – Reupholstering – Mixing patterns and textures
- This trend encourages thoughtful, personalized spaces that embrace both the past and the present.
- Butler pantries offer a functional space for storage and meal prep while adding a touch of luxury.
- These hidden spaces allow for bold design choices, from unique colors to unconventional materials.
Modern Rustic Living Rooms
- Natural stone fireplaces and surrounds, wood beams and off-white walls.
- Comfortable furnishings in organic whites, browns, and beiges to create an updated look that feels anchored to a rural past.
Expansive Gallery Walls
- Expansive gallery walls create a visually impactful statement in your home.
- Showcase your unique style and tell a story through your chosen art and decor pieces.
- Larger gallery walls make your home feel lived-in and collected, adding warmth and character to the space.
- The shift away from mostly neutrals and whites is something many pros attribute to the pandemic.
- Homeowners seem more adventurous and willing to take a chance on creating brighter, more vibrant spaces.
- Wallpaper is helping fuel the rush to color, with many homeowners using bold patterns and colors to add pop and personality.
Warm and Soft Palettes
- Many are looking for warm and soft styles that elicit a restful, relaxing atmosphere.
- Designers are embracing greige or off-white cabinets, light woods, subtle patterns and warm bronze and brass finishes.
Dark Millwork Accent Walls
- Add depth to a room and create a focal feature with dramatic style.
- A dark millwork accent wall behind the headboard in a bedroom is where this is most often found, as well as living rooms.
From vintage materials to bold color palettes, this year's design landscape invites us to create spaces that reflect both our individuality and a hope for a joyous and stylish future. As you embark on your design journey, remember that trends are a guide, but the most important aspect is crafting a space that resonates with your personal style and brings joy to your everyday life. Here's to a year of inspired interiors and endless possibilities!
Read more about the Best Bang-For-Your-Buck Home Improvement Projects